The benefits of outdoor play for children
Playing outdoors is an educational and healthy habit, to be rediscovered especially in big cities, where children tend to spend hours in front of the television, without benefiting from the beneficial contact with nature.
Outdoor games can play an important role in the growth of children because they help their physical and social development and contribute to the consolidation of an environmental awareness .
During childhood , regular physical activity is essential , which helps reduce the development of heart disease, diabetes and hypertension. Play that involves movement, such as running in the fresh air or climbing an outdoor toy, strengthens children’s muscles and bones.
Playing games in the open air teaches the child the joy of contact with nature, and helps him to develop perceptions such as smell (smelling flowers, plants …) and touch (caressing the bark of a tree, a velvety leaf, blades of grass …), not equally stimulated in a domestic environment.
The social aspect of outdoor games is not to be underestimated. The possibility of making new friends and consolidating bonds with other children in the group is one of the advantages of outdoor games which, often not structured like those made at home, force you to invent rules, form teams, play in groups.
Then there is the environmental aspect , not to be underestimated. Children will appreciate the environment in which they play as a source of well-being and, consequently, they will take care of it, unconsciously developing a form of respect for nature.
Pool Garden offers a wide range of outdoor games, including wood, to encourage children to use the garden.
The swings of Pool Garden have the names of the flowers: Violetta, Iris, Ninfea, Fiordaliso … they are made of FSC certified and untreated wood. You can choose between the option of a single, double swing or combined with other games such as a slide, a horse, a rocking chair and a climbing frame.
The houses, named after the berries, are available in two variants: resting on the ground and raised with a wooden structure that makes climbing part of the game. The houses, in FSC certified and untreated white wood, can be painted and set up as desired. They are equipped with wooden flooring, door, window and roof in waterproof material.
They have the names of cartoon heroes and are made with a painted and FSC-certified wood structure. Without pedals or brakes, they help motor coordination.
Outdoor game for children
Outdoor play for children plays a fundamental role because it includes the element of experience, socialization and the consequent autonomy. Therefore it is essential to equip the spaces used for outdoor play with adequate tools that improve the quality of entertainment. There are figures of architecture, design and urban planning, specialized precisely in the design of spaces for outdoor play , which also combines leisure with the environmental component, very important for a quality game with significant benefits on health, on mood and on the sense of responsibility and autonomy .
We could divide the outdoor games for children into:
- individual games , to develop children’s autonomy of movement and experimentation such as best racing games
- collective games , to develop the ability to be a group, playing outdoors as a team and playing a role in the playful dynamics of the group.
It is possible, with a few tools, to transform a day in the park or in the garden into an authentic experience. Here are some ideas of children’s games to do outdoors:
- Orientation games : by dividing the children into teams, each led by an adult, an orienteering competition can be proposed, with a simple compass and directions by stages. The orienteering games are considered among the most fun and suitable for school age children;
- Hunt for Color : another example of outdoor games for children is the Hunt for Color, giving each team a color and a maximum time within which the children will have to list the greatest number of objects of that color present around them;
- Tug of war : and why not try your hand at more traditional outdoor games for children, such as tug-of-war (you will need a simple rope and a handkerchief that marks the exact half, two teams in single file at both ends and lots of strength to ensure that the handkerchief exceeds half the distance, marked on the ground with a branch or a lace);
- Kim’s game: an original game to play outdoors with children to stimulate their perception and curiosity is Kim’s game. Leaves, stones and various objects are collected, the children are left to observe them for a few seconds and then they are covered with a cloth. Whoever remembers the most viewed objects wins. With Kim’s game, in addition to sight, you can also stimulate taste: bringing fruit and vegetables with you and blindfolding the child who has to guess what it is;
- the rides : among the outdoor games for children the more traditional ones undoubtedly resist, such as the swing, the slides and the small tools for low intensity physical exercises, which allow you to overcome the fear of heights, falls and become familiar with difficulties in order to find ways to overcome them. Equally virtuous are the logical-deductive games, with elementary geometric shapes in wood or shapes that recall those of animals, which educate a friendly and respectful relationship with nature.
The choice of outdoor games for children positively influences sociability and personality, favoring integration in a shared place. Therefore, in addition to the physical benefits of moving in the open air, there are psychological and social ones (education of children to respect nature and others). It would be a good habit, for example, to invite your children to leave the better place than they found it, cleaning it up and promising to come back soon. In this way, nature itself is a place of play, with a goal, a method and a result.
Register for free guest posting – https://ygoseo.com/register