Long pranayama is an breathing exercise in which the lungs have to be replenished as much as possible using the entire respiratory system. Long means long, the pranayama which increases the lifespan of a person is called long pranayama.
By doing long pranayama regularly, it frees the body from tension, which causes agitation in every part of the body.
Also, it strengthens the lungs, chest, and muscles, which keeps it healthy. This pranayama is also called complete breath, the compound breath, and three phase respiration.
By doing long pranayama, consciousness means that the soul is happy, and it also keeps you away from various types of diseases. This pranayama gives relief to the nervous system. Know the method of Dirgha Pranayama, its benefits and its precautions.
Method of long life
- In the first phase of this pranayama we control the breath, in the second phase we have to prolong the breath by controlling the breath, in the third phase internal and in the fourth phase external kumbhak is to be practiced.
- To do this pranayama, first of all lie back on the pedestal.
- After this, gently place the palms on the stomach and both hands keep touching each other on the middle finger of the navel.
- After this, slowly release the stomach and let the stomach loose.
- Now while breathing, inflate the stomach.
- Repeat this action for 5 minutes as many times as possible.
- While doing this action, the breath should be felt first in the chest, then in the ribs and then in the stomach.
- When you breathe in, both of your shoulders are upwards and while exhaling, it is facing downwards, so feel the rhythm of the breath in the shoulders as well.
Benefits of long pranayama
- This pranayama increases the level of oxygen in the body.
- By doing long pranayama daily, the contaminants present in the body come out.
- This pranayama is very beneficial for mental peace.
- Concentration is increased through long pranayama.
- This pranayama also relieves insomnia.
- Doing long pranayama improves the immune system.
Long pranayama precautions
- This pranayama should be done very comfortably.
- While doing pranayama, care should be taken on the contraction of the abdomen, muscles and chest.
- People who have breathing problems should do this only after consultation with Pranayama doctor.
- If there is some problem related to lungs, you can still consult your yoga teacher.
This pranayama is said to provide longevity. Patanjali, the father of Yoga, has given four types of Pranayama. In Pranayama, the breath is controlled. It is a yoga-based on breathing exhalation. There are many types of physical and mental benefits from this yoga. A completely stress-free position is needed because in this condition, the muscles in the middle of the prescribed posture can be pulled and released. A mentally stress-free state is necessary so that postures can be performed with complete concentration on stress-free and breathing activities. By exhaling while remaining alert, a person can help enough to relax the muscles, because the release of the muscles is related to the exhalation of the breath itself.
There are also many health benefits of doing yoga asana that you can get by joining 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India.