Rather than spend money to buy a new home, people have been choosing the alternative of converting their loft – this solution is cost-effective. Usually, lofts serve as storage for unusable items in the home, but having seen what could come out of conversion, especially when an ensuite is added, you’ll agree that the space is worth every inch of conversion.
Let’s say you like to convert but don’t know if it’s going to be worthwhile; the following benefits will spur you on to take that decisive step.
What will a loft conversion bring?
Considering the recent situation of the real estate market, most property owners now prefer to redesign their homes rather than sell out. This includes transforming the loft into a new apartment, adding a conservatory, or renovating an existing room. Any of these options can undoubtedly bring the home back to life, but working on your loft brings some awesome perks.
- It adds to your living space: One of the reasons people move homes is because they outgrow them. How? With the arrival of more kids and family members, the changing needs of teenagers and adults demand more space. While it’s possible to increase your space by adding a conservatory or building an extension, these options are time-consuming in terms of planning and execution.
With a conservatory, you have the limited option of just an additional dining or living room. Extensions demand planning permission, but it’s fast and simple to convert a loft. This makes the procedure of creating an extra space easy. Think of it as reusing a less functional space without the hassle of breaching property law.
- Increases home value: With a loft conversion, you open the doors to modern-day home designs that will make present living comfortable and future home sale profitable. It’s believed that a 20 per cent property value comes with the choice of a loft conversion.
Again, home-buying decisions are now influenced by outstanding designs, fixtures and fittings. Loft conversions London is a better way to create an instant appeal to potential buyers. Think of all the beautiful changes you can bring in – it’s like magic up in the attic.
- Styling is not limited: What’s your home theme, requirement, or style? Whatever your home needs for the best complement can be provided with a loft conversion. There are three basic types of loft conversion from which you can choose:
- Dormer conversion: Here, a sloped room becomes vertical following a little extension of the roof. You can have additional floor space, headroom, light from outside, plus other reno works from this vertical roof extension.
- Velux conversion: The pattern here is simple. By adding a Velux window to the roof, your original loft appears larger. However, no change is effected on the roof structure. The loft simply increases in height, creating more comfort.
- Hip to gable conversion: For properties with a one-sided sloped roof, a hip to gable will change it into a vertical wall. The sloped side is called the hip, while the vertical wall is the gable. You can now understand where the name is coming from.
- Perfect viewing: Enjoy a better view of nature by gazing at the sky, stars, and moon from the comfort of your remodeled loft windows. Even your local city can be viewed from the top. The feeling is amazing! This is what comes with a loft conversion, unlike what is offered in nominal buildings: view of roads, other buildings and offices. A “loft view” is what you get from a loft conversion!
- So much efficiency in energy: With a loft conversion comes larger windows that illuminate the space during the day. This means you don’t have to run artificial lighting. By so doing, you reduce cost. Insulation for both cold and hot months is another advantage you’ll enjoy. This will keep the room cosy, comfortable and reduce the cost of heating.
- Planning permission? Very uncommon: Except you’re changing the entire appearance of your home, loft conversion needs no planning permission because it’s categorized as permitted developments. On the other hand, extensions require planning permissions.
You’re free from the issue of waiting and the cost that planning permission requires. Do you know that a fee is demanded when submitting planning permission? That’s not all. Even after submission, acceptance is not guaranteed! So, a loft conversion is indeed a time and money saver.
- Serves multiple purposes: Most homeowners do convert their loft into an additional bedroom with an ensuite. But you have more than this option when it comes to using your loft.
You can use it as a children playroom stacked with all sorts of toys. It can also be a comfortable location for relaxation – even a cinema room can be made out of a loft.
- The process is fast: From the interior to the exterior, the work to convert your loft can be done very quickly without major disruption to your in-house activities. Even the staircase can be installed in one day!
It takes 6 weeks on average to start and finish a loft conversion project, but it’s usually done within 4 weeks. The specialists will be flexible in their work, and additional time is added to the duration to cater for emergencies.
- Much easier than moving to a new home: Many fees come with buying a new home. For instance, fees for surveying, stamping and hiring a solicitor. Also, it’s not easy to pack up, change the environment, the children’s school and all that you’ve grown used to. So an easy alternative to moving your home is renovating your loft, especially when you don’t want to sell.
- Encourages decluttering: Household items that are not needed anymore and kept in the loft usually attract dust, dirt, and debris. Over time, it becomes a space for clutter. But the moment you decide to reuse that loft, all that clutter is thrown out the door. Plus, you’ll choose what you keep since space won’t be available anymore.
Start your loft conversion now
You can see how well a loft can improve your home’s value, outlook and requirements. So, should you be looking for a Loft conversion company near me, don’t hesitate to contact us for premium services. Our home survey is free—no hidden charges. We’ll give you a fixed quote.
Register for free guest posting – https://ygoseo.com/register